Saturday, January 29, 2011

"LOVELY" Biscuits

Yesterday I wanted so badly to make these biscuits that I had the
recipe for.So I decided to make soup so I could have a meal
with my biscuits. They were really easy, yummy, and if you have
a heart shaped cookie cutter its even more fun!
Here is the Recipe:
2 C. flour 1/4 C. butter
1Tbsp baking powder 3Tbsp shortening
1/2 tsp salt About 3/4 C. milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a baking sheet.

mix flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. stir in enough milk to make soft dough( I didnt use quite 3/4 C. of milk).

Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough lightly. Roll out 1/2 inch thick. Cut Biscuit rounds out and place on greased baking sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 min.

ENJOY!!!!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe! I've only ever made biscuits out of Bisquick mix, and I never have Bisquick mix, so this is a perfect solution :) Love the heart-shaped cookie cutter; I might just have to invest in one.

Chace-ing Kelsie said...

They look awesome! I am going to have to try them out for sure!! by the way your blog is soooo darling! love it!