Monday, September 27, 2010

I did it ! Whoop de doo:)

So Brady and my brother Logan play on a co-ed soccer team every Monday night. They have loved every single minute of it. Well I am a true fan of theirs, I bring my chair and occasionally some treats. Its really fun to watch them. Like I said its really FUN to WATCH!
Tonight was their last game of the season. About an hour before the game we found out that two of the girls were not going to be able to make it to the game. There has to be equal number of guys to girls on the field. Two girls missing really equals four less vital players on the field. So of course I was talked in to playing with them and we called a lady in my ward who came and played too. Mind you I dont play soccer, never really have. They told me that if I just stood on the field I would be doing my job.Some people in this league are sort of "dirty" players( at my perspective) so I was scared. It was really quite funny, you could tell I was not a soccer player. I had longer shorts on with shin guards and super long soccer socks , you could not see a bit of my legs and I dont own cleats. So all together I think some of the people on the team were a little worried by the looks of me.
Logan just told me to do what he did, when he moved up so did I etc. I was so nervous!My parents were there, they were not about to miss this once in a lifetime game. I did have some pretty decent blocks though. I think I may have even contributed to the team. Brady said he was really Proud of me and that I exceeded his expectations. When we got home he was so happy and just kept saying; " you played soccer with me, I cant believe it!". Well yep I did , ha !

5 comments:

Kallie said...

You go McCall!! You have every right to be proud of yourself for that.

Tad and Liza said...

Wow! Good for you! I don't think anyone could have talked me into that one...I wish I would have been there!

Heather said...

Wow, you are so brave!

Ellie said...

Haha! McCall...I totally laughed when you introduced yourself in the comment on my blog. I know who you are!! :) Hee hee! And congrats on the soccer game! I've always wanted to try to play but never had the cahonies. You go girl! (did I totally just date myself with that phrase?)

Kelli said...

Hahaha that's awesome McCall! That's so awesome that they have that down there. I wish they had something like that here in Logan, I would totally do that!