Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blackberries Galore!

I believe this summer Brady picked 150 plus cups of blackberries. Those things are endless. We have really enjoyed them. I did not know there were so many things to do with blackberries. Here are some of the things we did with them:
this is just a very small portion, maybe 18cups?

We made like six batches of Jam. I have to be honest, I really cant take credit for most of this.
Brady did most of it. He is so good at it and just loves the garden. I have learned alot from him.


So so yummy!!!
We have made some absolutely delightful shakes and smoothies!

Oh and Brady also made some really good blackberry syrup and blackberry juice.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I totally miss the blackberries! Not sure how many hours I've spent picking those things, but they NEVER end. Aside from jam and syrup, my mom used to make a lot of blackberry cobbler--you might try that sometime! They're also good just as a topping on ice cream. Man...I miss the garden!!!

Kallie said...

Yummy! Ashtyn brought back Blackberry Honey when she went to Montana, it was pretty delicious too! I wish I had a garden, you are lucky that your house came with one.