Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pastels in Progress

For my Human Development class I have to do a project where I am to learn a new skill. Since I have an artist for a husband. He is going to teach me more about drawing and art, and for the most part I am very interested in Pastels. I am super excited. Last night I had my first art lesson. I realized I know much less than I thought I did about art. Just as a side note, I am taking an art class. But for the most part of this class we learn about artists and things. It hasnt been too much hands on yet. So I am ready to have one on one lessons with art, with Brady. I will try and keep you updated on my progress. Last night Brady had me draw a face how I would normally draw one...

Well, and here is my second picture. I definitely had alot of help from Brady.
It was also sort of difficult because we were not looking at any specific picture, we will be sure to
do that next time. But he helped me alot and there is still a ton of room for improvement. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

McCall! That looks so good. Oh I definitely think that sounds SO fun! I need to come up with something that Jory can teach me, that way maybe we could actually spend some time together! How fun for both of you!

Ashley said...

I hope you take this as a compliment, because I think you're second drawing looks like pictures of Jesus Christ. The face shape, the merciful look in the eyes; I really like it! At least on the computer, I think it looks like him!